Friday, December 11, 2020

Governor Announces More COVID-19 Restrictions

On Thursday, December 10th, 2020 Governor Ralph Northam announced a tightening of restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 as new cases and hospitalizations continue to rise in all areas of the Commonwealth. Executive Order Seventy-Two institutes a curfew requiring Virginians to stay at home between 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., requires all Virginian over the age of 5 to wear a mask when away from home- indoors and outdoors, and lowers the limit on social gatherings from 25 people to 10 people. The order will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, December 14 and remain in place through January 31, 2021. 

I was going to say Merry Christmas at the end of the above, but the truth is this has zero impact on my life and should on yours also if you are making good decisions. I am asleep before midnight and only get up around 5 am. I always wear a mask when I am away from home and would feel much more comfortable if you did also as well as keep your distance. We are celebrating everything virtually with extended family and friends; and IRL only with my household. Abiding by these requirements and the intent of the order will only make us all safer. Get with the program, peopleBy nature, I am a very conscientious and compliant person. So, why do I bristle at the Executive Orders?  Read the press release here.

No comments:

Post a Comment